Sunday, March 17, 2019

Welcome Back My Friends....


Thank you, thank you very much, it's so good to be back. As you know I very much enjoy interacting with common folk, the little people, the people that make this country run so our Elites may enjoy a lifestyle unparalleled since Ancient Rome. So again, thank you so very much!
But why you may ask, after all this time, WHY COME BACK NOW? Well a number of things really. The NCAA tournament is cranking up, we're coming into an election year and there have been a lot of changes since I last posted TWO FRIGGIN' YEARS AGO, and frankly I have a lot to say and I'm sick of FB and Twitter. Plus even though I'm an opinionated sum-bitch I learn a helluva lot from you ingrates, halfwits and degenerates, and of course it's all about ME.
Now if you're new here this blog is my take on politics, pop culture, sports, family, whatever I like...but mostly politics. I'm sometimes profane, sometimes slightly humorous, sometimes so far off into left field you'll think I'm huffing industrial solvent, but I try to be as entertaining as possible. Now if you slept thru high schools civics that's ok, we don't judge here. We do however ridicule quite a bit and we're not averse to talking about your stupid ass opinion, but we won't talk about your mama (or your drinking habits, erectile dysfunction, the poor condition of your lawn or your daughter's promiscuity etc.). All comments and opinions are welcome but again, let's try to keep the personal insults to a minimum. If you must go there please do it in the nicest possible way.

Ok, now that we've got that bullshit out of the way let's talk some b-ball. STATE GOT FUCKED!
As anyone with eyes can see ((unlike NCSU forward DJ Funderburk) this bleach-blonde African is NOT 'going for the ball' as color man Mike Gminski said but is actually trying to injure a key rebounder and scorer, which he did. Coach Tony Bennett benched the guy for the rest of the game (out of fear of retaliation I'd say).
From a strictly basketball standpoint I love this Virginia team, they play hellacious defense and their guards are some of the best in the country. Down low they're good but not great (relatively speaking) and Salt is prone to taking the day off. They may get their #1 seed but I'd look for them to go out in the second round, if not earlier...just like they always do. After the aforementioned dick move I say good riddance.
UVa Coach Tony Bennett on a recent 'recruiting' trip.
Ok, enough about those cheating assholes in Charlottesville, let's talk about some other cheating assholes in Chapel Hill. This Tar Heel squad could go all the way, they are that good. I just don't see any weaknesses apart from not being able to stop Zion Williamson inside, but hey that goes for every team in the country. As my friend Bad Bob said about Duke/Carolina, these guys could play for a week and still be within a basket of each other. But I like the Heels chances better than Duke's. If the Blue Devils (and UNC) have proven anything it's that Duke is still a great team without Zion, but not a championship caliber team.
But generally speaking man we've got some great teams in the league this year, and they're the RIGHT teams too. No BC, no Pitt, no Syracuse, which are insults to the ACC. We have some of the best backcourts I've seen in a long time. Kinda reminds me of the late seventies and early eighties (shout out to Jim Spanarkel and Phil Ford...if he's sober). As the Sainted Jimmy Valvano once said, give me two good guards and a rebounder and I'll kick your ass (not an exact quote of course) and we got guards and we got rebounders.

Well that's all I have to say for today, the tournament will be set tonight and everybody will be working on their brackets. Not much politics today but stay tuna, we'll get there. Have a good day...now get outta my face.

Oh gee, almost forgot. HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment