Sunday, May 15, 2016

Crazy is as Crazy Does


The old CW we so admire 

Our friend in pain
As you may know, our good friend CW has gone mad. There is something about the rise of Trump our poor Conservative Wahoo just can't come to grips with. My observation is the progression has been like many diseases, gradual but steady...and devastating. There have been no noticeable moments of clarity or introspection, just paranoia and withdrawal. It breaks my heart to think that one short year ago we had a vibrant, intellectual powerhouse always ready to discuss and debate. Now all that's left is a narrow, linear thinking automaton unwilling to even talk unless one prefaces their remarks with 'Bill Kristol said this or Ben Sasse said that'. He is a hollow shell of the man he was and I am totally dumbfounded as to the remedy. All I know is at this critical time we must show compassion and support. As Nietzsche once said (to paraphrase), be careful staring into the abyss, it might stare back into you. CW has jumped headfirst into the abyss and he alone must find his way out. I will offer all the encouragement I can but I'm not optimistic. It's hard to walk-back fighting words and CW has indulged his inner demons way too often. But regardless, I hold no grudges and I am here for my friend. When he's ready to rejoin the world of the sane, I for one will be ready to accept him.  

1 comment:

  1. CW is a good man, but he has deluded himself by not accepting the damage being done to the nation by a soaring deficit and by having an "internationalist" approach instead of a "nationalist" approach. When you work for the government there is a mind set that there is an inexhaustible amount of treasure for your program and your need. I understand this because like CW, I was a naval officer and have lapped at the trough.

    The only reason that we are doing as well as we are economically is that Obama borrowed $11,000,000,000,000.00. It bought us a tepid but steady 1% GDP instead of a recession. I just refinanced my house at 3% interest. THREE PERCENT. Don't tell me that the market is controlling that.

    Things are a mess and somebody like Jeb! (Hillary Lite) was not qualified to fix it. Neither was Marco because he was a creature of the same machine that built Hillary and Jeb.

    Trump is vain and bombastic, but I believe that he has an American heart - and in the land of the blind, the one-eye'd man is king.

    ReplyDelete